Attributes of a Howe Learner
Through interdisciplinary curricula, the faculty and staff at Howe Middle School teach students skills that are built upon throughout their schooling and recognize that:
- Students learn best when they are actively involved in their learning.
- Learning must be relevant and engaging.
- Students learn in different ways and all students need individual differences recognized.
- We need to recognize success.
- All students can be successful when we encourage their unique skills and abilities.
- All students need challenges.
- All students are the responsibility of the family, school and community.
- We must always expect the best from others and ourselves
- We must include and integrate technology as a part of the learning process
In support of this obligation, at Colleen & Gordie Howe Middle we are committed to develop learners who are:
- Critical Thinkers
- Effective Communicators
- Socially Responsible
- Digitally Literate