Parent Volunteers

Please check with the school office regarding Volunteering at Howe

We value parents as partners. If you are planning to volunteer on a field trip, in a classroom, in the library, handing out hot lunch, to read, or to help in any way a criminal record check may be required.  These will be valid for 5 years. If you have a CRC done already your organization can share it with the Abbotsford School District through the government process but you still must advise the school office before you go to the School Board office with your identification. 

How to Complete a Criminal Record Check:

The following forms are available at the school office. First please complete the Volunteer Application Form, and Confidentiality Understanding, and submit it to the school office. These must be returned to the school before you can obtain a Criminal Record Search.

Second please call the School Board office at (604) 859-4891 and advise that you would like to volunteer with Colleen & Gordie Howe Middle School and require a criminal record check. They will advise you to visit them at the Abbotsford School Board office at 2790 Tims Street and bring two pieces of ID. They will request that you complete a form and will submit it to the CRRP for processing.

The School Board office will receive the results and will advise the individual school. Approval takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

Already have a criminal record check completed?

If you already have a criminal record check through the CRRP (Criminal Records Review Program) which was completed within the past 5 years and has the same clearance to work with the same population, then you could request your organization share it with the school district.  The classroom teacher can check to see if you already have a CRC on file with the School District!

More information on sharing CRC’s can be found at this link